Saturday, August 23, 2008

Once more, again

The calm of summer is about to give way to the less calm start of the new year. Classes start on Monday. Posting has been a little slow because I've been plugging away at some things which have eaten into my blogging energy. I'm nearing completion on them though. Once classes start I should have some more things to talk about, so posting will, I hope, become regular again. I'm not teaching this year and I'm going to try to put the extra time to good use.

I have a good looking line up of classes. I'll be taking three. Belnap is teaching a proof theory class for which we'll be using Restall's book. I am, of course, looking forward to it. Gupta is teaching a seminar on truth. I'm not sure what we're reading. I think I remember hearing that the focus is on revision and fixed-point theories of truth, but I'll have a better idea soon. Wilson is teaching a seminar on the philosophy of math and it looks like we're going to be focusing on Russell, Cantor, Frege, and Dedekind, which should be interesting. With any luck I will be done with official class work by the end of the term and I'll have the glimmerings of a prospectus idea.

No comments: