Friday, November 02, 2007

These people are not me

This is kind of funny. If you do a Google image search on my name in quotes(*cough*vanity search*cough cough*), no pictures of me come up. However, pictures of the following do come up: Aidan, Nate, Nate's cat, Bertrand Russell, Goedel, Robbie Williams, and John Perry on the cover of the collection in his honor Situating Semantics. No pictures of me though.

[Edit: As Kenny points out, if you turn off moderate safe search, then you'll get a picture from a few years ago of me with my friend Megan in Coupa Cafe in Palo Alto, CA. You will also get a picture of Trogdor.]

4 comments:

Kenny said...

I see Aidan, the cat, and Bertrand Russell, but I also see a picture of you and a girl in the Palo Alto Daily News at a coffee shop. Maybe it's because I have "safe-search" turned off, and Google somehow thinks that picture is dirty? As well as the picture of Trogdor?

Shawn said...

I didn't think safe search would make a difference. That picture is pretty harmless too. I think Trogdor gets filtered out cause it is from the cover of an issue of Intermission from the Daily. They have some racy covers once in a while.

nate said...

This picture of my roommate also is prominent in the search results.

Shawn said...

I was wondering who that dashing fellow was. Was that picture on your blog at some point? It looked familiar but I couldn't place it (and looking at the URL right below it completely escaped me).