Sunday, August 26, 2007

Once more unto the breach

Tomorrow begins the new fall term. I'm hoping to have my Wittgenstein paper finished up by the end of the first week. My class line up looks pretty good. I'll be taking three classes, trying to audit one, and TAing for one. The three I'm taking are: Aristotle's logic and argumentation, model theory, and the philosophy of science core. The Aristotle class is taught by James Allen and a previous iteration of that class was the impetus for John MacFarlane's dissertation. Model theory is taught by Ken Manders. I know very little about model theory, so it will be good to fill in this gap some. I think the class is focused on definability and interpolation. The phil of science core is taught by Gordon Belot and I don't know much about it yet. I'm going to try to sit in on Bob Brandom's seminar on his Making It Explicit. I expect that will be good after the Articulating Reasons reading group this summer. I'm TAing for Kieran Setiya's intro to ethics class. Kieran is a good teacher, so that should, hopefully, go well.

No comments: