Sunday, March 04, 2007

A few links...

I'm going to put up a few links while I try to work on a few things. First, there is a long, interesting post on the Tractatus over at DuckRabbit that gets connected up to the Sokal hoax. Then, Notre Dame Philosophical Reviews has a review of Anil Gupta's Empiricism and Experience. I haven't read Gupta's book but I've been told it is very insightful. The review looks pretty favorable. This week's Philosophy Talk is on Wittgenstein. The guest is Juliet Floyd, and Ken Taylor has a blog post up on why he is not a Wittgensteinian. Finally, for the multilingual reader, I've noticed I've been getting some visitors from a Spanish linguistics blog and what looks to be a computer science blog in a language I'm somewhat embarrassed not to recognize. Maybe Norwegian? [edit: It is in Dutch.] [edit: another Dutch (?) blog that linked to me.] [edit: The link to the linguistics blog has been fixed.]

5 comments:

N. N. said...

Thanks for the links.

Just in case you havn't seen it on my blogroll, Duncan Richter, Professor of Philosophy at VMI is blogging the Tractatus line by line. He's made it up to 3.22.
http://www.tractatusblog.blogspot.com

Koen said...

Hi Shawn,

The "computer science blog" is mine: it's a blog about mathematics and computer science and the language is Dutch. I linked to your post about the "best proof ever" (http://indexical.blogspot.com/2007/02/best-proof-ever.html)

Cheers,

Koen

Shawn said...

koen,
I had originally written Dutch as my guess. Alas. I'll correct that.

n.n.,
I've read a few posts. I'll add it to the blog roll this week.

Ole Thomassen Hjortland said...

Ok, so the blog wasn't in Norwegian, but at least it has a post about Øyestein Linnebo's talk on Bad company - and he *is* Norwegian :)

I saw his talk at a philosophy of math workshop here in St. Andrews, and it was very interesting.

Koen said...

Stijnsfilo-blog is part of filosofie.be, a Belgian website about philosophy, which hosts at the moment 12 philosophy blogs in Dutch. I have also a blog there: http://koan.filosofie.be/